Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Seeing our good friends at Chisomo!

Today was a great day. Jane rode her first minibus which is always an adventure. We got to Chisomo group early and were able to just catch up with the members before starting the meeting.  They look great with their knitting machine, so far 3 members have learned and will start teaching the others. We bought a bunch of swatches and items that they could make. While we were there 2 school girls stop by to look at some items that were made. 

Chisomo group has been making amazing things on the machines including these school jumpers: 
I love everything that they have made I'm requesting 2 custom sweaters for myself!  The members love the items I brought as sample items and I can't wait to see them produced.
Jane was great by interviewing different group members and the impact we've had on their lives. I think she loved hearing the stories. 
I'm happy to report that Olive, a 18 month old of 2 group members, is still HIV negative. Everyone is doing well and they are increasing in numbers of people joining the group. While it is sad that more people are contracting HIV they seem to really enjoy being part of a group and having people they can talk to about their status. 
I love working with them because it is so invigorating! There is still so much to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment