Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Advertising!

I apologize for not getting a post up for yesterday. It was incredibly windy when I went to post and the Internet was out for hours. Here is the post from yesterday:

Today was a relaxing and productive day. Matt and I went to Vitumbiko Screen Printing to order an advertising sign for our second support group and here's the result:
The sign looks fantastic and I can't stop smiling. I love watching all these elements come together to make Knit Around the World successful and helpful! I also spent the afternoon and evening knitting swatches or minimized versions of baby blankets for the group to emulate or draw inspiration from them for their own patters for different items.
I used the yarn that is available to them and the size needles they have access to and I found it difficult because I'm not used to using such small yarn and needles. I'm constantly amazed at what they can manage. 
Tonight Matt worked on a simple budget that we will present to each group over the next 2 days to help them manage the funds to pay each individual and create a savings to buy more yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment